Belton New Tech will accept no more than 140 Freshman for the 2017-18 school year. The first round of students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis at a Saturday morning signing event. The exact number will be published in March. The general process for enrolling is outlined below:
- We strongly encourage all parents and learners to attend an information meeting or tour the school.
- Information Meetings:
- March 22, 2017, from 6:00-7:00 pm in the Mega Bites Cafe at Belton New Tech High School
- March 30, 2017, from 6:00-7:00 pm in the Mega Bites Cafe at Belton New Tech High School
- April 6, 2017, from 6:00-7:00 pm in the Mega Bites Cafe at Belton New Tech High School
- Prospective student tours can be scheduled by calling (254) 215-2500 beginning February 6th.
- The learner and an adult must bring the application to the Saturday signing day. This will be held on April 22, 2017 at the entrance to Belton New Tech High School at Waskow beginning at 8:00 in the morning. Our learners commonly refer to the Saturday signing day as "the campout," which will be held at Wilson-Kerzee Field beginning April 20th will end the morning of April 22 when registration begins at the main campus.
- Each learner must be accompanied by an adult in order to secure their position in line.
- Any student whose enrollment is determined by a court order must provide a copy of the court order proving that the accompanying parent has legal right to make educational decisions for the student.
- Due to current interest and enrollment, we expect that a lottery will be required to fill remaining slots. The lottery guidelines are as follows:
- 90% of the number of available spots will be allotted for campout.
- The remaining 10% of spots will be available for a lottery determined by randomly
drawing names to match the District demographics in the following order
- Economically disadvantaged
- All remaining applications.
- Any siblings with applications will be treated as a
single applicant. If one sibling application is selected, all remaining siblings will
be given a spot
- The Learner Application is here.