To avoid spam and phishing scams, please follow these steps:
*Be suspicious of an email if*
- you don’t recognize the sender
- you’re not expecting an email or attachment from a sender
- it is offering something too good to be true
- it asks for passwords or other privileged and/or personal information
- it tries to get you to act quickly by threatening you with frightening information
*Do not click on links or open attachments in suspicious messages.*
Forward suspicious messages to your campus technology specialist or firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Check links in suspicious messages by hovering your mouse pointer over them. If the information that pops up is not the same as what the link describes, this is often a good indicator that the message is not legitimate.
When in doubt, click delete!
Thank you for your cooperation.
BISD Technology Department