Substitute teaching is an ideal solution for those looking for a flexible work schedule and the chance to make a difference.
The mission of the Belton Independent School District is to provide an education that challenges all of our students to excel. To achieve this mission, each day must be filled with successful learning experiences conducted in a positive, nurturing environment.
Schools must have effective substitutes who will take the responsibility to ensure that the educational process is not interrupted when the regular teacher is absent.
To become a substitute for BISD, the following is required:
- Complete and submit the on-line application and Criminal History Form; then Apply for a substitute position. This is a 2-step process. Be sure to submit and then apply.
- Applications will be reviewed by Human Resources. If you are selected as a substitute, you will be contacted by Human Resources and provided with fingerprinting and substitute orientation information.
- The substitute class is given at 400 North Wall Street, Belton. If you are selected, you will be notified of the date and time of the class as well as any required documents you must bring.
SUBSTITUTES - AUTOMATED SYSTEM
AESOP is an automated system used by the District for scheduling substitutes. The AESOP System will call and log substitutes to fill vacancies as needed or substitutes may also search for specific jobs. Consult your principal or director campus specific substitute questions.
To access AESOP the home telephone number on BISD records is the employee's identification number and the PIN number is the employee number.
If a substitute teacher replaces a teacher for a period that exceeds ten (10) days, the rate of pay will be an additional $10 per day added to their regular substitute rate for the remainder of the period that they substitute for that teacher.
- Pay rate for Certified Teacher: $85.00 per full day
- Pay rate for Degree/Non-Certified: $80.00 per full day
- Pay rate for Non-Degreed substitute: $70.00 per full day
For questions regarding the operation of the absence reporting system, call Gloria Valdez at 254-215-2021 or fax at 254-215-2016.
Belton ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs, activities, or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 254-215-2015; or Executive Director Special Programs, 254-215-2112, 400 North Wall Street, Belton, TX 76513.