Each school district in Texas shall establish a local school health advisory council (SHAC) to assist a district in ensuring that local community values are reflected in the district’s health education instruction.
- The SHAC is a group of individuals from various sectors of the District and community.
- The SHAC engages in ongoing review and discussion, and makes recommendations for comprehensive school health programs.
- The SHAC focuses on the Whole Child.
- Promoting quality health education programs
- Encouraging lifelong physical fitness
- Encouraging and providing healthful nutrition
- Supporting social and emotional well being
- Creating safe, positive learning environments
- Promoting faculty and staff wellness
- Promoting school, family, and community involvement
2019-2020 SHAC Meeting Dates
- October 18, 2019
- November 15, 2019
- February 21, 2020
- April 17, 2020