Belton ISD SHAC Mission Statement
The mission of the Belton ISD SHAC is to advise and advocate to the District the promotion of healthy lifestyle choices and a climate of wellness and safety for all Belton ISD students and staff members. We will assist the District in ensuring that local community values and health issues are reflected in the District’s wellness plan and curriculum implementation through engagement, leadership and community partnerships.
Belton ISD SHAC Vision Statement
The vision of the Belton ISD SHAC is for parents, employees and community members to collectively make recommendations and provide guidance to the District to inform and educate students, parents and the community on health and wellness topics in order to contribute positively to healthy and prosperous lifestyles and to have a lasting impact on all stakeholders.
Each school district in Texas shall establish a local school health advisory council (SHAC) to assist a district in ensuring that local community values are reflected in the district’s health education instruction.
- The SHAC is a group of individuals from various sectors of the District and community.
- The SHAC engages in ongoing review and discussion, and makes recommendations for comprehensive school health programs.
- The SHAC focuses on the Whole Child.
- Promoting quality health education programs
- Encouraging lifelong physical fitness
- Encouraging and providing healthful nutrition
- Supporting social and emotional well being
- Creating safe, positive learning environments
- Promoting faculty and staff wellness
- Promoting school, family, and community involvement
2022-2023 SHAC Meeting Dates
- October 27, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.
10/27/22 Meeting Notice
- January 12, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
1/12/23 Meeting Notice
- February 2, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
2/2/23 Meeting Notice
- March 30, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
3/30/23 Meeting Notice
- May 11, 2023 @ 12:00 p.m.
2022-2023 Wellness Plan
2021-2022 Wellness Plan
2020-2021 Wellness Policy Assessment
2018-2019 Wellness Plan
Belton ISD SHAC FFA(Local) Policy