Payroll Services is responsible for the following areas of the Business Office:
- Monthly Payroll
- Substitute Payroll
- Biweekly Payroll
- Other Earnings
- Direct Deposit Changes
- 403(b) and 457(b)
- W-2 Forms
- W-4 Forms
Email payroll inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional and paraprofessional employees are paid once a month. Regular salary is annualized, which means we take your total salary for the year and divide it by the number of pays for that employee resulting in equal monthly payments regardless of the number of work days in a given month. (see Monthly Payroll Calendar)
- Substitute employees are paid every Friday for the days worked for the second week prior. (see Substitute Payroll Calendar)
- Auxiliary employees are paid biweekly every other Friday for the two weeks that were worked prior. (see Biweekly Payroll Calendar)
- Other earnings appear on your regular scheduled paycheck. Other earnings are extra pay other than your normal monthly salary for things such as tutoring, sporting events, supervision, etc.
- For questions on compensation for extra duties performed, please contact the person who authorized the other earnings first. For other questions, please contact the payroll department.
- An employee can complete an Other Earnings Form. Other Earnings Forms are like timesheets and should be completed by the employee. Instructions on completing an Other Earnings Form are below in the Payroll Forms section.
- The time-keeping system for Belton ISD is TrueTime. TrueTime is part of Skyward. Employees can view their timesheets, time off, paychecks, assignment information, etc. in Skyward Finance/Employee Access.
- Hourly employees are required to record their time in TrueTime. Once the week is complete, employees are responsible for submitting their timesheets on a weekly basis to their supervisor. Timesheets are to be submitted no later than 9 a.m. on the following Monday.
- Supervisors are responsible for reviewing their employee's transactions in TrueTime and approving timesheets on a weekly basis, no later than 5 p.m. on Mondays.
- TrueTime Managers and Approvers may be documented on a TrueTime authorization form.
- Adjustments to a timesheet must be documented on a TrueTime Adjustments Form.
- Mandatory direct deposit to any banking institution in the United States is required for all employees.
- Direct Deposit changes can be made through Skyward Finance/Employee Access. Changes must be received and confirmed with the employee before payroll calendar deadlines.
- Direct Deposit is transmitted to financial institutions on pay dates.
- TRS deductions are required for all non-substitute employees who are scheduled to work half-time or more.
- TRS is deducted from the employee’s gross salary at a rate of 8.65%. Of that, 8% if the retirement portion, which is tax sheltered. The remaining 0.65% is the TRS health insurance portion, which is non-refundable.
- Requests for TRS refund forms can be downloaded from the TRS website at www.trs.state.tx.us. If you have questions concerning a TRS refund in process, please contact TRS at 1-800-223-8778.
- If you plan to retire or have questions concerning any other retirement issues, please call TRS.
- Employees must complete a W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. This form tells an employer the marital status, number of dependents, other income and deductions, and any additional amount to use when deducting federal income tax from the employee's pay. Federal withholdings are based on IRS regulations and tax tables.
- Payroll staff cannot advise you on tax matters or instruct you on filling out the W-4 form. The IRS provides FAQs that may help with this process or you may consult a tax professional.
- W-2 forms are available to download in Skyward Finance/Employee Access for active employees. At the end of January each year, paper W-2 forms are mailed to former employees and active employees who elect to receive paper forms.
- Child support, tax levies, student loans, etc. are garnishments based on court order documents. These types of garnishments cannot be stopped without a written release from the court/establishment that ordered the garnishment. Please contact the court/establishment if you feel there is an error.
- Employment verification should be requested from the Payroll Department. Please allow 2-3 days for verification to be completed.