Belton Early Childhood School : Pre-Kindergarten Information
The Belton Early Childhood School provides a language and literacy enriched environment where children have hands-on opportunities for learning. Our child-centered program follows developmentally appropriate practices and focuses on social-emotional learning for children.
Free Tuition Qualifications:
- Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2019 to enroll.
- The child would be educationally (economically) disadvantaged, meaning they are eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program based on family income. Proof of income must be provided at time of registration (current payroll check stub, letter from employer stating wages or tax return for self-employment).
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces or who is ordered to active duty or who is ordered to active duty by proper authority OR The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or reserved component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty or I have verified the validity of the Military ID Card (MUST be current).
- Families in transition, currently not living in their own housing due to economic hardship or other emergency situation (homeless).
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English Language and are Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students according to Home Language Survey and qualifying criteria on the Woodcock-Munoz Assessment administered at the time of registration.
- Have ever been in the conservatorship (foster care of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing). DFPS provides a letter/evidence. Must have letter/evidence of eligibility for Pre-K.
Tuition Supported Program:The Belton Early Childhood School also offers a tuition-supported program that allows limited number of four-year-olds residing within Belton ISD, who wouldn’t otherwise qualify, to enroll at the Belton Early Childhood School for the 2019-2020 school year.To start the enrollment process for both the free tuition and the tuition-supported program, please click on the "New Student Enrollment" button on the left navigation menu and follow those steps. Enrollment can then be finalized in person at the Belton Early Childhood School (501 E. 4th Ave., Belton, TX). Since space in the program is limited, enrollment will take place on a first-come, first-enrolled basis.