Belton Early Childhood School
Belton Early Childhood School provides a language and literacy enriched environment where children have hands-on opportunities for learning. Our child-centered program follows developmentally appropriate practices and focuses on social-emotional learning for children. BECS, located at 501 E. 4th Street in Belton, is the centralized Pre-K campus for Belton ISD.
>> Para Español, seleccione “Translate Language” en el menú superior.2023-2024 New Pre-K Enrollment Opens April 12, 2023 (Online)
April 25-27: Pre-K Enrollment On-Site at BECS
Dates & Times of On-Site Enrollment:
April 25 — 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
April 26 —12 p.m.-7 p.m.
April 27 — 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
To enroll for the 2023-2024 school year, Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2023. A student must meet at least one of the qualifications below to attend Belton Early Childhood School.Students must live within Belton ISD's attendance boundaries or have a parent working for the district and have completed the transfer process.
To begin the online enrollment process for both the free tuition and the tuition-supported program, please click on the "New Student Enrollment" button on the left navigation menu and follow those steps. To help streamline the process, please upload as many required documents as possible.
Free Tuition Qualifications:
- The child would be educationally (economically) disadvantaged, meaning they are eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program based on family income. Proof of income must be provided at time of registration (current payroll check stub, letter from employer stating wages or tax return for self-employment).
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces or who is ordered to active duty or who is ordered to active duty by proper authority OR the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or reserved component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty. (Must show proof of valid/current Military ID card.)
- Families in transition, currently not living in their own housing due to economic hardship or other emergency situation (homeless).
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English Language and are Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students according to Home Language Survey and qualifying criteria on the Woodcock-Munoz Assessment administered at the time of registration.
- Have ever been in the conservatorship (foster care of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing). DFPS provides a letter/evidence. Must have letter/evidence of eligibility for Pre-K.
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under section 3106.002, Government code; a firefighter under section 3106.003 Government code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Tuition Supported Program:The Belton Early Childhood School also offers a tuition-supported program that allows a limited number of four-year-olds residing within Belton ISD, who wouldn’t otherwise qualify, to enroll at the Belton Early Childhood School for the current school year.
Tuition cost for the 9-month school year: $4,750
Monthly Payments: $527.78; The first payment is due September 1st and the last payment is due in May.