Substitute teaching is an ideal solution for those looking for a flexible work schedule and the chance to make a difference.
The mission of the Belton Independent School District is to provide an education that challenges all of our students to excel. To achieve this mission, each day must be filled with successful learning experiences conducted in a positive, nurturing environment.
Schools must have effective substitutes who will take the responsibility to ensure that the educational process is not interrupted when the regular staff member is absent.
To become a substitute for BISD, the following is required:
- Submit the online application for the substitute position on the job board.
- After a review of your application, if you are selected to join the substitute team, the Substitute Office will contact you for step 3 (if needed).
- If you need to be fingerprinted, you will be provided a FAST Pass to schedule and complete your fingerprints.
- Once a complete background check is complete you will recieve a welcome email from Belton ISD inviting you to complete the on-boarding process and new hire forms.
- Once forms are complete, you will receive an email from the Substitute Office inviting you to complete online Substitute Orientation.
- Complete the Substitute Orientation.
- You will recieve an email directly from Frontline Absence Management to create your account.
- Once your account is activated, you are ready to begin.
SUBSTITUTES - AUTOMATED SYSTEM
Frontline Absence Management is an automated system used by the District for scheduling substitutes. The Frontline Absence Management System will call and log substitutes to fill vacancies as needed or substitutes may also search for specific jobs.
If a substitute teacher replaces a teacher for a period that exceeds ten (10) days, the rate of pay will be an additional $10 per day added to their regular substitute rate for the remainder of the period that they substitute for that teacher.
- Pay rate for Certified Teacher: $100.00 per full day
- Pay rate for Degree/Non-Certified: $85.00 per full day
- Pay rate for Non-Degreed substitute: $75.00 per full day
For questions regarding the operation of the absence reporting system, call the Human Resources Department at 254-215-2021 or fax at 254-215-2016.
Belton ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs, activities, or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 254-215-2015; or Executive Director Special Programs, 254-215-2112, 400 North Wall Street, Belton, TX 76513.