Belton New Tech High School @ Waskow Admission Guidelines
Belton New Tech High School @Waskow will work towards a demographic balance among its students that is reflective of the general population of Belton High School by implementing the guidelines stated below.
All students wishing to be selected as part of Belton New Tech High @ Waskow’s Class of 2024 are required to submit a completed application and currently be enrolled in the 8th grade at a BISD middle school, live in Belton ISD, or be the child of a current BNTH@W employee.
Open Enrollment Dates
Applications can be submitted in person starting at 8 am on April 25, 2020, at Belton New Tech High @Waskow. Applications will be accepted through Friday, May 8, 2020, at 4:30 pm (see Application Timeline).
Round One Legacy and Staff
The first round of applications accepted will include any siblings of students: currently enrolled at BNTH@W, who graduated from BNTH@W, or children of BNTH@W staff. Legacy enrollment begins February 3, 2020 and ends February 28, 2020.
Round Two First-Come, First-Served Enrollment
The first round of students to turn in an application will be immediately enrolled. The exact number will be provided at the parent informational meetings on April 7, 2020 and April 14, 2020. We will accept applications at Belton New Tech High School @Waskow beginning at 8 am on Saturday, April 25, 2020. Please note that students will be able to claim thier number in line to turn in their application at 12:00 pm on April 23, 2020. Details on how to access this system will be provided at the parent informational meetings.
Round Three Stratified Lottery
The third round of applications will be accepted through a stratified lottery. These applications will be submitted to the Belton New Tech High office at 320 North Blair, Belton, TX 76513. All applications will be held until the end of open enrollment at 4:30 pm on Friday, May 8, 2020.
- If 130 or fewer applications are collected during open and first-come, first-served enrollments and legacy/staff enrollments, then all students who have submitted an application will be enrolled in Belton New Tech High @Waskow and recruitment will continue until 130 students have been enrolled.
- If more than 130 applications are collected during open and first-come,first-served enrollments, then students will be selected for enrollment through a process of "stratified" lottery. Procedures for the stratified lottery are:
- 140 students – number legacies = number of slots available for upcoming year enrollment
- 90% of the number of available spots will be allotted for campout.
- The remaining 10% of spots will be available for a lottery determined by randomly drawing names to match the District demographics in the following order:
- Economically disadvantaged
- All remaining applications
- Any siblings with applications will be treated as a single applicant. If one sibling application is selected, all remaining siblings will be given
- Upon submittal, all applications will be assigned a number corresponding to the order in which they are received.
- Applications received prior to 4:30 pm on Friday, May 8, 2020, will be included in the lottery.
Once the maximum student count is received per grade level, each student thereafter will go on our waiting list in the order they apply. Waiting list students will be notified (in the order they fall on the list) by phone if a seat becomes available. Should the next student on the waiting list choose not to take a seat, his/her name will be removed from the waiting list and we will call the next student on the waiting, this continues until all of the seats are filled. Our goal will be to maintain a class enrollment of at least 130 students at all times with at least 125 students in each graduating class.
Out of District Transfers
Out-of-District transfers will not be considered until after August 1st for available spots for any grade level on the campus. Class sizes are as follows:
- Freshmen – 140 students
- Sophomores – 140 students
- Juniors – 135 students
- Seniors – 135 students
One additional spot per grade level, above the class size numbers, will be reserved for a military dependent student that is in transition and has transferred to the District after regular enrollment.
- Twins, triplets, etc. will all be accepted if one is
- The lottery will include students who either reside in BISD, are children of a BISD employee, or are a currently enrolled 8th grader in
- Please do not call the office for lottery results. Phone calls will be made the week of May 11, 2020, notifying applicants if they were selected through this
- Legacy applicants will be admitted in accordance with the Legacy guidelines. It is the responsibility of the family to monitor the campus website for information regarding the Legacy enrollment
- Once accepted, any freshman or sophomore wishing to return to BHS (Belton High School) will be subject to the agreement of a one-year commitment
- Once accepted, any junior will be subject to the agreement of a two-year commitment
Sophomores and Juniors
Applications accepted for grade 10 and 11 will be based on the number of slots available to maintain a class of at least 130 students. Applications are accepted beginning March 3, 2020.
Please refer all questions to New Tech Principal, Jennisty Thomason, by phone at (254) 215-2500, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Admission to Belton New Tech High @ Waskow shall be open to all students on a nondiscriminatory basis, without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, gender, ethnicity, behavior, ancestry, disability or academic achievement, in accordance with the admission policy outlined above. BNTH@W shall be nonsectarian and shall not charge tuition for admission to the school.