COLLEGE PLANNING FOR 9TH GRADERSClick here for a printable PDF of this page.Meet with your counselor to develop a 4 year plan – remember to challenge yourself with rigorous courses like Pre-AP or AP
· Learn about the Automatic Admissions Policy for Texas colleges and universities
· Become involved in extra-curricular activities – remember colleges would rather see real involvement in one or two activities, than a loose connection to several
· Begin a college search by looking at websites of colleges you might be interested in attending
· Begin thinking about possible careers – look for opportunities to explore those careers or even shadow a professional
· Study hard and keep your high schools grades up!