Below you’ll find information to help you and your student(s) be prepared for the first day on August 17.
First things first. If you haven’t completed the returning student verification or new student enrollment process for your student — do so now! Both can be submitted online at www.bisd.net/enrollment. Administrators at your child’s school can answer any specific questions you may have.
Be sure to print an academic calendar and take note of the year’s student holidays, early release days, bad weather makeup days and reporting periods. And remember — attendance matters! Missing just two days a month means a child misses 10% of the school year. Start working on your plan now to make regular attendance the norm in your household.
Being punctual is also important, so set those alarms! Here are the bell schedules for our schools:
- Belton Early Childhood Schools 7:40 a.m.-2:50 p.m.
- Elementary Schools 7:40 a.m.-3:05 p.m.
- Middle Schools 8:10 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
- Belton High School 8:50 a.m.-4:25 p.m.
- Lake Belton High School 8:50 a.m.-4:25 p.m.
- Belton New Tech @Waskow 8:40 a.m.-4:13 p.m.
- DAEP 7:40 a.m.-3:05 p.m.
Skyward Family Access
Skyward Family Access is where Belton ISD families can see their child’s grades and attendance, as well as receive messages from teachers, view report cards, request notifications and set Skylert (email) preferences. You may want to bookmark www.bisd.net/familyaccess or download the mobile app for easy access to this important site.
No registration is required for students to ride the bus. Simply verify route information online at www.bisd.net/transportation. You can also view the Bus Rider Safety Handbook online. After the first few days of school, student ID cards will be issued and used as a bus pass.
Waivers and pandemic-related benefits from the U.S. Department of Agriculture that allowed Belton ISD to offer free meals to all students for the past two years will not continue in the 2022-2023 school year. This means that families must submit the Free and Reduced School Meal Application to continue receiving individual benefits. The application will be available beginning August 1 at www.schoollunchapp.com. For more information about menu prices and payment options, visit www.bisd.net/nutrition.
Several local organizations provide afterschool care, sometimes at the student’s campus. Please reach out to the organization to inquire about availability, registration and costs.
- Armed Services YMCA - (254) 690-9622
- Belton Christian Youth Center - https://www.beltonyouth.com/
- Extreme Cheer & Tumble - (254) 780-0087
- Powerhouse Cheer - (254) 939-9900
- Ralph Wilson Youth Center - www.rwyckids.org
- Temple Parks and Recreation The Zone - (254) 298-5690
- Belton Education Station - (254) 933-2110
- Kids Zone Belton - (254) 939-1527
- Cadence Academy - (254) 791-2900
- Future Minds Childcare - (254) 613-4423
- Bear Hugs Learning Center - (254) 933-2803
School Supply List
You’ll find school supply lists at www.bisd.net/supplies, and if you ordered pre-packaged supplies (genius!), those will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom.
Texas’ annual sale tax holiday is set for August 5-7. Most clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks (sold for less than $100) purchased during the weekend is tax-free.
Be sure to follow your school’s social media for all the details about back-to-school bashes, meet the teacher nights, new student information meetings, parent orientations and more! Also, watch your inbox for emails from the campus principal with more information.