SBMS Student Council
Welcome to SBMS Student Council.
What is Student Council?Student Council is a student-based civic organization designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students.
Students participating in all levels of the Council will maintain a high standard of personal conduct. Council members will demonstrate leadership qualities by serving as good examples of behavior through their words and actions.
All Council members will be expected to participate in approved activities, which will serve to enhance the quality of both the physical and behavior environment of the school.
The purpose of student council is:
- To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
- To promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- To improve student/faculty relationships.
- To improve school morale and general welfare.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.
Objectives of the Student council are to:
- Provide a democratic form in which students can address those school related issues, which affect their lives.
- Maintain open communication between students and school staff.
- Train students in the duties and responsibilities of good citizenship.
Student council will be involved in many community minded projects.
- School beautification. Clean up, painting, repairing, etc.
- Community service. Food drives, recycling projects, coat drives.
- Student opinion polls
Mrs. Staton, RM 208
Mrs. Baldinger, RM 102/ISS