District PEIMS Department
The Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) encompasses all data requested and received by TEA about public education, including student demographic and academic performance, personnel, financial, and organizational information. We submit district and campus data several times a year.
PEIMS Department responsibilities include:
- Provide daily support to campus and district staff for PEIMS and SKYWARD (SIS)
- Communicate and train campus and special programs staff regarding the timelines and rules for data collection and documentation as published in the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook and the PEIMS/TSDS Data Standards.
- Hold monthly meetings/workshops for campus and special programs staff.
- Monitor data entry and documentation requirements related to PEIMS reportable information.
- Manage access to PEIMS related systems for campus staff (TEAL, TEASE, TSDS, TREx, Certify, OnData, etc.).
- Managing PEIMS submissions process, loading weekly enrollment data to TEA, loading OnData, and monitoring Certify results for the district and the campuses.
- Provide SKYWARD support and training, perform end of year processing for SKYWARD, assist with regular seasonal work (registration, master scheduling, GPA/Rank, etc.)