EMPLOYEE BENEFITS & LEAVEBelton ISD offers comprehensive employee benefits, from health insurance to a sick leave bank.2018-2019 TRS ACTIVECARE MEDICAL RATES & INFORMATION
INSURANCEThere will not be a self-enroll option.
- 2018-2019 TRS Medical Rates
- 2018-2019 First Care Summary of Benefits
- 2018-2019 Aetna Summary of Benefits
- 2018-2019 SWHP Summary of Benefits
- 2018-2019 TRS Medical Plans What's New & What's Changing
- Enrollment Form
- 2018-2019 Aetna HD, Select and ActiveCare Presentation
- 2018-2019 SWHP Presentation
- 2018-2019 FirstCare Presentation
- 2018-2019 Instructions for Splitting Premiums Between Districts
- 2018-2019 Instructions for Paper Submission Enrollment
If you choose health coverage, BISD currently pays $375.00 for medical insurance for employees working 15 or more hours per week. Employees may choose from five plans with TRS Active Care. An employee may also add a spouse or dependent to their health plan at their own expense. The district also offers group rates on dental, life, cancer, vision, and disability coverage.LEAVEState Leave Days and Personal Days
- 2018-2019 BISD Supplemental Benefits Guide
- 2017-2018 TRS Medical Rates
- 2017-2018 SWHP Summary of Benefits
- 2017-2018 First Care Summary of Benefits
- 2017-2018 Aetna TRS Summary of Benefits
- 2017-2018 BISD Supplemental Benefits Guide
- ALEX-Interactive Benefit Tool-To help you choose the right medical plan
In addition to the five days of state leave, BISD provides five days of local personal leave per year for administrators, teachers, and other professionals. Monthly paraprofessionals and monthly auxiliary personnel receive three days of local personal leave per year in addition to the five state days.
Sick Leave Bank
BISD has a sick leave bank that monthly employees are eligible to join. By donating two days of local personal leave, an employee becomes eligible for assistance in case of catastrophic illness.TAX SHELTERED ANNUITIESStaff members may select from an approved list of companies offering tax shelter, annuity programs, and 403B retirement plans. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities.TEACHER RETIREMENTTexas public school employees are covered by the state mandated teacher retirement program.BELTON FEDERAL CREDIT UNIONAll employees of Belton ISD are eligible to join the Belton Federal Credit Union. The membership fee is $25.00. The Belton Federal Credit Union offers convenient direct deposit and loans at low interest rates to our employees. If you have any questions call Christy Butler at 215-2025.FREE TUITIONIf an employee does not live in the district, his or her children may attend tuition free. This is done by application to the Assistant Superintendent for Student Services and Administration office.PAY PERIODDirect deposit is required.