Naming District Facilities
Names selected for Belton ISD schools or buildings shall be meaningful to students and community members, be a source of pride, and reflect the traditions of Belton ISD.
The following guidelines, found in Board Policy CW(LOCAL), govern the permanent naming or renaming of new or existing District-owned facilities or portions of facilities and lay out the process for submitting a naming or renaming suggestion.
Facilities are defined as:
- A school campus building;
- Rooms within a school building;
- Structures related to a school building;
- Athletic fields and facilities; and
- Any other building or adjacent land area that is the property of the District.
The Board Facilities Committee, in consultation with Superintendent, shall review all nominations and decide whether to;
- Move the nomination forward for consideration by the full Board;
- Establish a School Name Selection Committee to consider the nomination; or
- Take no action and notify the person who submitted the nomination of such action.
The Board shall have final approval of the naming or renaming of all District-owned facilities or portions of facilities.
For more information, please review Board Policy CW(LOCAL) or contact the Office of the Assistant Superintendent of Operations at 254-215-2077.